a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
b. references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices of
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, The Lifestyle Medic is the "data controller". This means that The Lifestyle Medic determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. date of birth;
d. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
e. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. The Lifestyle Medic will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make
improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with
which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more
information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
*c.*if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. any of our group companies or affiliates - to ensure the proper administration of the website and business;
third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help
third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the
website runs smoothly;
third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment
providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
we store your Data on secure servers.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any
misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and
devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get
Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for the
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. *Right to access* - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we
modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you,
we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally
permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. *Right to correct* - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. *Right to erase* - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. *Right to restrict our use of your Data* - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which
we can use it.
e. *Right to data portability* - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. *Right to object* - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data
(where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address:
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able
to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's
Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
22. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes
during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
23. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are
Changes of business ownership and control
24. The Lifestyle Medic may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the
transfer of control of all or part of The Lifestyle Medic. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of
our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of services. The Lifestyle Medic has carefully
chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
28. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
29. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your
consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling The Lifestyle Medic
to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies;
however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
30. This Website may place the following Cookies: